Our Featured NEW A2 Programmer - Jon Bettencourt
By Charles T. "Dr. Tom" Turley
My special thanks to Jon Bettencourt (email@example.com)
for sending me his
JonRelay Desktop HD image file which contained the following list of programs,
folders and their outlined contents as reviewed from Jon.
I've archived the programs in this folder as
* COLOR.DRAW.5 and COLOR.DRAW.SHP are the files I mentioned.
* COLOR.DRAW.4, COLOR.DRAW.2, COLOR.DRAW, HIRES.3, PADDLE.DRAW,
MM.PADDLE.DRAW, and MP.PADDLE.DRAW are older versions of ColorDraw 5.
* NOISE.GEN.2.FXD, NOISE.GEN.TWO, NOISE.GENERATOR, NOISE.WRAP.TWO, and
NOISE.WRAPPER are programs that generate random garbage on the high
resolution screen. They were made by Rubywand and David Empson.
* LOAD.WIN.BMP loads monochrome 280x192 Windows bitmap files.
* NYBMP.LOAD.1 loads 4-bit 16-color 140x192 Windows bitmap files.
* PIX2.DEMO and PIX2.ENGINE are early versions of the routine that draws
* GRAPHCALC.1 and GRAPHCALC.2 are graphing calculators. Unfortunately, they
can't handle functions that can possibly result in an overflow or range
* LR.PADDLEDRAW is a low resolution version of the earliest version of
* XYEQUPLOT and XYEQUPLOT2 are graphing programs. The color of a pixel is
calculated by an equation with X and Y.
* RADAR.SIM is a radar screen simulation.
* TEXT.SCR.MANIP is a paddle-driven program that can change characters on
the text screen.
* TYPING.TEST is just typing text on the screen. Pressing control
characters do various things like clear the screen, set inverse or flash,
move the cursor, etc.
* FILEMAN is a file browser for ProDOS. You can launch programs, load
binary files, lock, unlock, rename, delete, and catalog a directory.
* FILEMAN.80 is the 80-column version of FILEMAN.
* FILEMAN.OLD is the DOS 3.3 version of FILEMAN.
* QUICK.RECOV is a program that will recover a deleted file on a DOS 3.3 disk.
* TEXT.COORD.LOC finds the memory address of a position on the text screen.
* SPLICE.FILE splits a DHGR file into seperate .MAIN and .AUX files.
* APPLESOFT.3, APPLESOFT.CAT, CALL.900, MAC.SYS.ERROR, and PHONY.MONITOR
are programs that simulate funny or interesting computer crashes.
* IIGSMOUS.DLL is a subroutine that accesses the position of the mouse on a
IIgs, IIc, or Apple Mouse Card.
* LOADGTBF.DLL is a subroutine that loads a BSAVEd low resolution or text
screen, even in ProDOS.
* PIX2.DLL and PIX2VER2.DLL are the subroutines that draw color high
* VERTEXT.DLL puts vertical text of the screen.
* IIGSMOUS, LOADGTBF, PIX2, PIX2V2, and VERTEXT (all without the DLL) are
info subroutines for the above.
* SEQ.TEXT.MAKER and SEQ.TEXT.READR are programs for using sequential text
On root level:
* BRIDGET is the Apple II version of a two-player computer game called Bridget.
* NEWINPUT and NEWINPUT.40COL are routines for macro input. Holding down
option or closed-apple and a letter run macros. H clears the screen (home),
C catalogs the disk or directory, and I forget the rest. NEWINPUT.40COL is
the one that's most usable.
* SIMPLE.TEXT will let you type text and BSAVE it as a high resolution
* MENU1, MENU2, MENU3, MENU4, and MENU5 are the programs that make up the
main menu that appears at startup. They are all linked together. One can
call the previous or the next one.
* INIT.CALL.6, CALLER6, CALLER6V2, MENU, RESTART.DISK, and STARTUP are
files that support the main menu.
* OLD.MENU and OLD.STARTUP are old versions of the main menu.
Everything else in Jon¹s Relay HD image not listed above was included
the above I.SHK.bin archive.
I do hope everybody will find something in all of this they enjoy using
and above all - please write to Jon and encourage him to keep up his
A2 and Mac programming efforts.
His Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
You¹ll also find Jon¹s entire HyperCard Mac stacks collection
Stuffit archive format within the HyperCard.Stuff folder - which is inside of
the Special.Archives folder.
Cheers & Enjoy!